Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: rodney.dugmore on June 11, 2017, 02:53:11 am
-
The other mornings walk
-
A fine shot, Rodney. Love the walkers in the haze.
-
Excellent use of the vertical pano, it's a very nice shot.
-
I don't see too many vertical pannos. Nicely done. I really like the way you exposed for the haze.
-
+1 to all of the above comments.
-
Looking at this JPEG on a color corrected monitor - it appears that there is some serious lens cast just above the half way point...i.e. alternating bands of green and magenta. You could try to get rid of that in Raw Therapee absent having a lens cast DNG file...and then going through standard LR workflow. As well there is banding in the sky and an odd color fringe element on the clouds. There doesn't appear to be any point of focus...maybe that was planned. This image is not a very good example of the possibilities either with subject or with multi-image process - I think I would try it again
-
Brandt, Are you aware that McAfee thinks your site URL is bogus?
-
Looking at this JPEG on a color corrected monitor - it appears that there is some serious lens cast just above the half way point...i.e. alternating bands of green and magenta. You could try to get rid of that in Raw Therapee absent having a lens cast DNG file...and then going through standard LR workflow. As well there is banding in the sky and an odd color fringe element on the clouds. There doesn't appear to be any point of focus...maybe that was planned. This image is not a very good example of the possibilities either with subject or with multi-image process - I think I would try it again
Thank you for your detailed critique of my poor quality jpeg. I humbly submit you get your "Calibrated Monitor" checked else cut back on whatever substance is causing the aberrations in your mind. :)
Although it was never my intention to pass this off as high art or indeed an exhibit of the best use of the vertical pano format, I would love to see some exemplary examples from yourself that demonstrate the possibilities with subject and multi-image process.
Thanks Again
-
Shows up on my PA241W as well. It is a nice composition.
It may just be an artifact of the jpeg compression.
Most people try to be helpful on the site when images are posted in the critique section.
There is a thread here "without prejudice" for posting images when critique or observations are not desired.
Frank
-
Shows up on my PA241W as well. It is a nice composition.
It may just be an artifact of the jpeg compression.
Most people try to be helpful on the site when images are posted in the critique section.
There is a thread here "without prejudice" for posting images when critique or observations are not desired.
Frank
True- there was the helpful part and then there was.. So help me here is a crop of what I hope is a less compressed jpeg I am still not seeing objectionable banding am I to conclude that my "Calibrated" monitor is defective or is it something else? I believe it was jpeg compression much better now i have adjusted the compression
-
i see no purple / green rays in that version. The banding i saw was in the sky as well. i suspect that was the issue.
Frank
-
..i.e. alternating bands of green and magenta.
FWIW, I'm viewing on a calibrated wide gamut NEC and I don't see any bands as you describe. What browser are you using?
-
Here's another vote for no problems -- a couple top-of-the-line Dell monitors carefully Spyder calibrated. I can't see any banding.