Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: gkroeger on June 10, 2017, 11:02:03 pm

Title: How many people are really needed to assemble an Epson P7000?
Post by: gkroeger on June 10, 2017, 11:02:03 pm
The documentation says at least 4 people.  Is this really needed or just excessive caution?
Title: Re: How many people are really needed to assemble an Epson P7000?
Post by: mikev1 on June 10, 2017, 11:34:11 pm
The documentation says at least 4 people.  Is this really needed or just excessive caution?

2 people can do it.  I recently setup my P9000 with just me an another person.  Though a third is useful to direct how to place it on the stand. If going through a standard door frame I don't see how 4 could do it.

The P9000 is a little awkward to grip when just two but the both of us are tall with long arms.
Title: Re: How many people are really needed to assemble an Epson P7000?
Post by: keithcooper on June 11, 2017, 09:47:24 am
Two in my kitchen, when one turned up for review ;-)  Same for a PRO-2000

Some of the larger printers specify 6 - you couldn't get six into my printer room.

The iPF8300 (44") needed two quite strong people to get it down the stairs - I'd prefer 3 if I was one of them
Title: Re: How many people are really needed to assemble an Epson P7000?
Post by: Farmer on June 12, 2017, 08:08:22 pm
Depends on how strong people are.  4 makes it safe to lift and gives you someone to place the stand correctly.  I'd normally suggest 3 if the two lifting are comfortable with the weight.

2 can do it, but if you put it down wrong and it falls, it's very expensive :-)