Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: kenkenman on June 10, 2017, 07:46:32 pm

Title: Hasselblad HV90X LCD Contrast/Brightness Adjustment
Post by: kenkenman on June 10, 2017, 07:46:32 pm
Anyone know if there's a way to change the contrast of the LCD readout on the HV90X? I can see that it dims/brightens depending on the amount of light coming through but the text is very fair and hard to read. It's a used viewfinder I picked up so it might be pretty old/worn out. In comparison my HVD90X is super contrasty and easy to read. Hopefully there's a way to change the contrast on the viewfinder readout?

Thanks!

Ken
Title: Re: Hasselblad HV90X LCD Contrast/Brightness Adjustment
Post by: Chris Livsey on June 11, 2017, 08:20:37 am
AFAIK that is not adjustable by the owner. The instructions do not mention that possibility and it is not in any menu items that allow choice:
http://www.hasselblad.com/support/manuals/h-system-manuals/

It does state the display is backlit, could this have failed in your example? I would suggest that if it is not equivalent to your HVD90X you return it to the seller as faulty, I see no difference between my HV90X (on H1) and a HVD example in the display.
 
Title: Re: Hasselblad HV90X LCD Contrast/Brightness Adjustment
Post by: kenkenman on June 11, 2017, 11:58:58 am
Yeah, I didn't see anything in the manual when I looked either.

Good to know that yours is just as bright as your HVD. That helps! I don't remember how bright things were with other viewfinders I've used. But back to KEH for an exchange.

Cheers,

Ken