Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on June 10, 2017, 09:48:48 am

Title: Timeless
Post by: Chris Calohan on June 10, 2017, 09:48:48 am
American Alligator Sunning on a Log, Just Like They've Done for 10,000 years
Title: Re: Timeless
Post by: RMW on June 10, 2017, 04:18:30 pm
Chris,
You make the very best gator fotos I've ever seen. The creatures in your fotos have a primordial elegance... a rendering that does them real justice.
Richard
Title: Re: Timeless
Post by: Bob_B on June 11, 2017, 08:11:31 am
I second that! Plus, you nicely capture the gator skin's texture and subtle color variations, which really adds to the 'umph' in your photos. Beautiful.
Title: Re: Timeless
Post by: stamper on June 11, 2017, 08:51:38 am
Agree with the above sentiments.
Title: Re: Timeless
Post by: Chris Calohan on June 11, 2017, 09:23:14 am
Thanks, everyone! As intimidating as they can be at times, I so enjoy shooting them for exactly the same reasons you all seem to appreciate the most.
Title: Re: Timeless
Post by: Telecaster on June 11, 2017, 05:06:13 pm
Yep, in another league to the gator pics I took at Gatorland in Orlando (Florida) in 1973.  ;D

-Dave-
Title: Re: Timeless
Post by: JKoerner007 on June 11, 2017, 10:05:05 pm
Nice portrait
Title: Re: Timeless
Post by: Chris Calohan on June 12, 2017, 12:31:14 am
Yep, in another league to the gator pics I took at Gatorland in Orlando (Florida) in 1973.  ;D

-Dave-

It's odd but gators in captivity don't make particularly good shots. I am not sure if it is because they are essentially dead inside, or they are just bored to tears.

You can see that while the ones in the wild are mostly inert, there is a 'freshness" to their skin and an alertness in their eyes farmed gators don't possess.
Title: Re: Timeless
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 14, 2017, 04:31:02 am
Good one.