Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Mjollnir on June 07, 2017, 12:19:38 pm

Title: 7100 block, Hollywood Boulevard, #11
Post by: Mjollnir on June 07, 2017, 12:19:38 pm
STILL getting used to the Nikon system, especially in terms of nailing focus, shutter speed and not having LVEP, so on of the last shots I ever made before I totally ditched the M43 gear.

There's SO much to shoot in this city, but I'm having a hard time breaking out of the mental constraint of, "Hey, I'm a LANDSCAPE shooter, dammit!  I don't have time for other topics!"

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4219/34865205206_1d36b1189f_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/V7VhPG)7100 Block, Hollywood Blvd., Apartment 11 (https://flic.kr/p/V7VhPG) by tanngrisnir3 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/87368247@N00/), on Flickr
Title: Re: 7100 block, Hollywood Boulevard, #11
Post by: John R on June 07, 2017, 12:35:18 pm
Some very harsh light there. Suits the simple juxtaposition of shapes, shadows and light. At first glance I thought I was looking at the ground and a basketball court. But then I scrolled down and saw the door and slowly realized it was a light, not a bouncing ball. Is that moire on the door? Although I like the general composition and the hard-light treatment, on my monitor, the whole image looks underexposed and oversharpened.

JR