Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: James Clark on June 05, 2017, 03:04:30 pm

Title: Tunnel Vision
Post by: James Clark on June 05, 2017, 03:04:30 pm
I think it's sort of interesting.  Anyone else?
Title: Re: Tunnel Vision
Post by: Rob C on June 05, 2017, 04:31:00 pm
Funny thing, James: it reminds me of that Nick Ut shot of the running war-child. It's the invitation to inward rush, I think, the open arms of the child echoed by the expression of the cables.

Rob C
Title: Re: Tunnel Vision
Post by: James Clark on June 05, 2017, 09:54:39 pm
Funny thing, James: it reminds me of that Nick Ut shot of the running war-child. It's the invitation to inward rush, I think, the open arms of the child echoed by the expression of the cables.

Rob C

Never in a million years would I have made that connection, but I'm genuinely humbled by the idea that I could even invoke a tiny echo of Ut's picture.
Title: Re: Tunnel Vision
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 06, 2017, 12:02:38 am
I wouldn't have thought of the Ut shot if Rob hadn't mentioned it.
But it's a very compelling image.