Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: sanfairyanne on June 05, 2017, 02:24:46 pm

Title: D810 noise comparison (like for like)
Post by: sanfairyanne on June 05, 2017, 02:24:46 pm
I tend to feel my Nikon D810 is noisier than it should be. Mine was one of the early models, this was affected by the white noise issue and I can't help but wonder if mine was never fixed properly.
These two images were shot almost identically the only difference was the focal length. The noiser image was shot at 24mm, whereas the less noisy was shot at 20mm.
Mine is clearly much noiser, the body is long out of warranty. I'd love an opinion though - do you guys think I have a duff D810?

Title: Re: D810 noise comparison (like for like)
Post by: fdisilvestro on June 05, 2017, 11:35:14 pm
The less noisy image has exposure compensation of -1.9 EV for a similar brightness. They cannot be compared.
Title: Re: D810 noise comparison (like for like)
Post by: pegelli on June 06, 2017, 02:29:16 am
Were these images shot side-by-side with the same subject/light?