Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: luxborealis on June 04, 2017, 08:39:39 pm

Title: Bleeding Heart
Post by: luxborealis on June 04, 2017, 08:39:39 pm
This is not meant to be political, but rather, just a simple photograph of what is one of the most beautiful perennials in my wife's garden.

What it shows, though is the surprising level of quality that can be achieved with a 1" sensor. This was photographed with the Sony RX-10iii at ƒ5.6 @ 1/60. The evening light was waning, so I had to bump the ISO to 200 and sit very still in my deck chair to capture this at 400mm equivalent.

I've included a 100% crop to provide a sense of the detail possible. No, it's not the detail I would expect from from D800E, but it is certainly high enough for print work and I could not have made this photograph if the D800E was all I had. By the time it was set up on a tripod with the 300mm attached, the moment would have passed.

The second, made at 1/40 at 500mm equivalent, shows the same level of sharpness. I'm amazed.
Title: Re: Bleeding Heart
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 04, 2017, 10:25:05 pm
Lovely, Terry.

I am also loving my new RX10 III, for similar reasons.

Eric
Title: Re: Bleeding Heart
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 05, 2017, 04:32:28 am
Wonderful.
Title: Re: Bleeding Heart
Post by: Telecaster on June 05, 2017, 04:56:55 pm
I like!

I never took a decent photo of my bleeding hearts before stumbling into framing 'em much as you've done. Works well with other small, vine-y flowering perennials too.

-Dave-