Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: pearlstreet on June 04, 2017, 12:10:50 pm

Title: Lightroom Transform Tool
Post by: pearlstreet on June 04, 2017, 12:10:50 pm
Anybody else finding that lr's transform tool isn't working the way it used too? Before, I could click auto and it usually did a great job but now it never does, even for a simple horizon level. All the choices are giving me cr*p results. I downloaded the latest version...still off. Just wondering if anyone else was having issues with it.
Title: Re: Lightroom Transform Tool
Post by: Mark D Segal on June 04, 2017, 12:14:36 pm
Could you be a little more specific: what was the latest version in which it was working correctly, and which is the first version in which it is not? And what exactly is it not doing correctly? ["Cr*p" comes in many different flavours, you know :-). ]
Title: Re: Lightroom Transform Tool
Post by: pearlstreet on June 04, 2017, 02:18:27 pm
Ha! :-) I don't remember the last version but it wasn't too long ago, I use lightroom all the time. It used to do a pretty good job of straightening lines for architectural photos but now it applies the wackiest corrections. I'm having to go to Photoshop again to use the transform tool. I wondered if anyone else had noticed a difference.
Title: Re: Lightroom Transform Tool
Post by: rdonson on June 04, 2017, 02:40:14 pm
It's been working for me without a problem.  I mostly use the "guided" aspects of the tool.
Title: Re: Lightroom Transform Tool
Post by: Mark D Segal on June 04, 2017, 04:02:13 pm
I'm using version 2015.6.1 and it's working splendidly. If "FULL" or "AUTO" don't produce a satisfactory result, I use the guided upright tool, allowing one to position up to four guides, two horizontal, two vertical for correcting to taste.
Title: Re: Lightroom Transform Tool
Post by: pearlstreet on June 04, 2017, 08:49:38 pm
Thanks guys.