Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Michael Erlewine on June 01, 2017, 04:18:07 pm

Title: Irides
Post by: Michael Erlewine on June 01, 2017, 04:18:07 pm
Nikon D810, Otus 85mm APO
Title: Re: Irides
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on June 01, 2017, 08:19:32 pm
I love this image.  One day I hope to capture something that my mind's "eye" comes close to matching this one.
Was this a 1:1 macro or 1:2?

Title: Re: Irides
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 02, 2017, 04:23:52 am
Wonderful.
Title: Re: Irides
Post by: graeme on June 02, 2017, 07:52:34 am
That really is nice.
Title: Re: Irides
Post by: Bob_B on June 02, 2017, 07:53:42 am
I love this image.

Plus, thank you for the correct plural of iris. Yea grammar!
Title: Re: Irides
Post by: framah on June 02, 2017, 10:02:51 am
I love this image.... except.... maybe you could reduce the background somewhat. I find the light green circular  thingy above the flowers are forcing me to drift up to it and away from the blue.

(http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/framah/blue%20iris_zpsye1pgzqm.jpg) (http://[URL=http://s65.photobucket.com/user/framah/media/blue%20iris_zpsye1pgzqm.jpg.html)

Just a quick adjustment, but you get the idea.
Title: Re: Irides
Post by: framah on June 02, 2017, 10:10:30 am
..or even crop the upper area altogether and close in the right side to remove the farthest right grass blade. 

Thoughts??