Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on June 01, 2017, 04:25:33 am

Title: Seacombe Cove
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on June 01, 2017, 04:25:33 am
The long descent to Seacombe Cove, on Dorset's Jurassic Coast in the UK, brings you to a spectacular little cove where you really feel to have time-walked into the past.

(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/SL_03011.jpg)

With Leica SL and Voigtlander 15mm v. III. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Title: Re: Seacombe Cove
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 01, 2017, 11:02:53 am
I really like this water.
Title: Re: Seacombe Cove
Post by: francois on June 01, 2017, 12:07:09 pm
I really like this water.

Yes, I like it too - Makes me think to a witch's cauldron and gives a good contrast with the tranquility of the rest of the scene.
Title: Re: Seacombe Cove
Post by: stamper on June 01, 2017, 12:24:43 pm
  A very fine image.
Title: Re: Seacombe Cove
Post by: Cornfield on June 01, 2017, 05:56:21 pm
A truly wonderful image.  Would like to see a tutorial on your shooting and processing of images like this.
Title: Re: Seacombe Cove
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 02, 2017, 04:27:41 am
Good light and composition. The timing is perfect, with the receding water cascading in the opposite sense of the coming waves.
Title: Re: Seacombe Cove
Post by: Chairman Bill on June 02, 2017, 05:37:48 am
A bit of a beaut
Title: Re: Seacombe Cove
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on June 04, 2017, 02:45:15 am
I really like this water.

Thank you Scott, glad you enjoyed it :)

Yes, I like it too - Makes me think to a witch's cauldron and gives a good contrast with the tranquility of the rest of the scene.

Yes indeed, the contrast between the water and the rest of the scene was the idea behind the image, I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

  A very fine image.


Thank you very much indeed! :)

A truly wonderful image.  Would like to see a tutorial on your shooting and processing of images like this.

Thank you very much! :) About the tutorial, thank you for your interest, much appreciated - however, I am very sorry but unfortunately at the moment I don't have video tutorials (or written tutorials, for that matter) out there, I only teach through my Workshops for now. I have plans for video in the future but don't hold your breath though, it might be a while before I can get to that... :)

Good light and composition. The timing is perfect, with the receding water cascading in the opposite sense of the coming waves.

Thank you very much Paulo, I a glad you liked it! Yes, it took me a few attempts before getting the water just right :D

A bit of a beaut

Thank you very much Bill, I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

Best regards,

Vieri