Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on May 31, 2017, 02:51:09 pm

Title: Morrow Point Dam
Post by: MattBurt on May 31, 2017, 02:51:09 pm
I heard the water was spilling over so I went to check it out last night. This is about an hour's drive from my house. Very impressive in person!

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4200/34194465203_9477aa3a34_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/U6DzbT)IMGP1346-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/U6DzbT) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

Nearby Mesa Creek just before it flows into the Gunnison.
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4267/34194462423_97e41373db_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/U6DymX)IMGP1374-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/U6DymX) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

Gunnison River heading into the Black Canyon
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4227/34194459493_6cb6f1cf90_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/U6Dxur)IMGP1464-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/U6Dxur) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Morrow Point Dam
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 01, 2017, 04:17:51 am
Good set, impressive indeed.
Title: Re: Morrow Point Dam
Post by: praja343 on June 01, 2017, 10:55:46 am
All three are impressive. The third gets my vote for a serene, well composed and exposed, attractive landscape, worthy of a large print.
Title: Re: Morrow Point Dam
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 01, 2017, 11:01:30 am
Some people just can't take a bad picture.  ;)
Title: Re: Morrow Point Dam
Post by: MattBurt on June 01, 2017, 11:44:14 am
Some people just can't take a bad picture.  ;)

Oh man, I hate those people! :D
Title: Re: Morrow Point Dam
Post by: MattBurt on June 01, 2017, 11:50:32 am
Good set, impressive indeed.

All three are impressive. The third gets my vote for a serene, well composed and exposed, attractive landscape, worthy of a large print.

Thanks. I may re-process the final one to smooth out the water a little more. I blended exposures on that one to get sky detail and I think it made the water not as smooth as just one of the single exposures would for that part of the image. I've been working out a new (to me) way to selectively blend exposures just using lightroom and it may be just the thing for this shot(s).