Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Leszek Piotrowski on May 30, 2017, 03:20:11 am

Title: Salt-water Crock - Queensland, AUS
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on May 30, 2017, 03:20:11 am
Slightly disturbed this one.  My visit was definitely too long!

From the the bank of the gentle river flowing north towards Port Douglas marina.

1/100 @ F5 207mm ISO 3200  Canon 5D3

Title: Re: Salt-water Crock - Queensland, AUS
Post by: graeme on May 30, 2017, 05:07:57 am
Definitely time to leave.
Title: Re: Salt-water Crock - Queensland, AUS
Post by: francois on May 30, 2017, 06:03:14 am
Very nice shot. I'd just clone out the yellowish stick(?) behind the head of the croc.
Title: Re: Salt-water Crock - Queensland, AUS
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 30, 2017, 08:37:33 am
Very nice shot. I'd just clone out the yellowish stick(?) behind the head of the croc.
Agreed.
Title: Re: Salt-water Crock - Queensland, AUS
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 30, 2017, 02:21:33 pm
Agreed.

Yes, agreed.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Salt-water Crock - Queensland, AUS
Post by: MattBurt on May 30, 2017, 03:09:32 pm
Yikes! Good shot!

S/he does have a nice smile...
Title: Re: Salt-water Crock - Queensland, AUS
Post by: Telecaster on May 30, 2017, 03:55:20 pm
I'd try darkening (burning in) the bit of pipe, or whatever it is, before removing it.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Salt-water Crock - Queensland, AUS
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on May 31, 2017, 08:05:56 pm
Thank you all for viewing and comments.

I'll see how well my LR (CS6?) PP skills are to try and darken and clone out the "pipe?".  I suspect at some point it might have been used to secure a boat, as up river there were many sailboats moored closer to the marina.

ps I was not on shore near this grand fellow,.... but safely off shore in a large boat.