Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on May 28, 2017, 01:34:15 pm
-
Thoughts?
Jeremy
-
Nicely seen and processed.
-
I don't think it's the most interesting image you've posted on LuLa but you have definitely caught the feel of church / cathedral pews. ( Although on second thoughts they look more like misericords ).
-
Well seen, Jeremy.
-
Thanks. Graeme, they could well be misericords: they're in the chapel of St John's College, Cambridge.
Jeremy
-
Jeremy, really like this shot. If you crop a touch more on the left side, you can remove far top left (bench?) intrusion without hurting the image or composition. Would also make a great square image where the focus would be more on the arms. Also, I just tried it as BW- very powerful, as it brings the highlights even more.
JR
-
Absolutely, Jeremy. You know as well as I do that you're not finished until you've cropped. You MUST crop somewhere in order to create a satisfactory image.
-
I'd love to see the human interaction in the pews.
Worn varnish and lightened wood from those who
sat in them.