Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on May 27, 2017, 09:06:19 am

Title: Snake Bird
Post by: Chris Calohan on May 27, 2017, 09:06:19 am
Was curious if it would have the same impact as a B&W.

Title: Re: Snake Bird
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 27, 2017, 09:31:54 am
Beauty this way, too.
Title: Re: Snake Bird
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 27, 2017, 11:27:17 am
Interesting approach given the limited range of colour in some wetland scenes.

I have been collecting a lot of images of birds on mudflats...
Title: Re: Snake Bird
Post by: francois on May 29, 2017, 09:01:30 am
I like this one too. In fact, I can't decide between the color version and this B&W shot. The subject wasn't bad and execution (framing, depth of field, etc) was excellent.
Title: Re: Snake Bird
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 29, 2017, 01:00:29 pm
Unusually, I prefer the colour version. It's a fine shot either way, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Snake Bird
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 29, 2017, 02:02:54 pm
Yesterday I slightly preferred the B&W. Today, it's the color. Tomorrow???
Title: Re: Snake Bird
Post by: RMW on May 29, 2017, 07:28:36 pm
Eric,
They say what we eat, day to day, effects how we see light and color. Apparently a cup of coffee or a glass of wine really makes a difference.
Richard