Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: phillipe on May 24, 2017, 06:31:34 pm

Title: Edit With default settings
Post by: phillipe on May 24, 2017, 06:31:34 pm
Is there any way to change the default setting for  'Edit With' or adding a new preset?  I round-trip to Photoshop often and prefer PSD files to TIFF and have to change the Edit With settings each time...it would be nice to be able to have it default to the settings I use.
Thanks. 
Title: Re: Edit With default settings
Post by: Jimmy D Uptain on May 24, 2017, 06:45:58 pm
I could be mistaken, but this may be a bug. It seems that I remember C1 remembering the last settings chosen.

Now I could be wrong, and I've been known to lie.  ;)
Title: Re: Edit With default settings
Post by: phillipe on May 24, 2017, 07:04:31 pm
Thanks Jimmy for your answer and your humor.  ;D
Title: Re: Edit With default settings
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on May 25, 2017, 05:30:44 am
Currently it defaults to TIFF, correct.

But I agree it makes sense for it to be 'sticky'.

Title: Re: Edit With default settings
Post by: Doug Peterson on May 25, 2017, 09:29:18 am
Is there any way to change the default setting for  'Edit With' or adding a new preset?  I round-trip to Photoshop often and prefer PSD files to TIFF and have to change the Edit With settings each time...it would be nice to be able to have it default to the settings I use.
Thanks.

Consider whether "Edit With" is really what you want. For many (most?) users I feel a session workflow and process recipes are faster, more powerful, and, notably do not suffer from the "does not stick" syndrome you are describing. Catalogs vs Sessions - A Diatribe (https://digitaltransitions.com/catalogs-vs-sessions-epic-battle-times/)

Of course, I agree that the setting should stick on "Edit With".
Title: Re: Edit With default settings
Post by: phillipe on May 25, 2017, 10:53:49 am
Thank you David and Doug.  Doug I am trying both Catalogs and Sessions to figure out which is the best route for me...David, I'm looking forward to today's webinar.