Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: ErikKaffehr on May 24, 2017, 11:34:18 am

Title: Is Leaf still around?
Post by: ErikKaffehr on May 24, 2017, 11:34:18 am
Hi,

My understanding was that Leaf is now a division of Phase One specialised in aerial photography, but they have web pages up and Leaf backs for sale.

What is the present position of Leaf within Team Phase One?

Best regards
Erik
Title: Re: Is Leaf still around?
Post by: Paul2660 on May 24, 2017, 04:09:42 pm
Hi Eric

Last time I checked Leaf is still on the Mamiya site. Mamiya is owned by P1 also.

http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/credo.html

However I believe the backs are still bein sold. B&H has several of the Credo backs in stock.

Paul Caldwell
Title: Re: Is Leaf still around?
Post by: Doug Peterson on May 24, 2017, 05:01:27 pm
Indeed. New Leaf kits (https://digitaltransitions.com/product-category/mamiya-leaf-digital-backs-kits/) are available and a refurbished Leaf branded back (https://digitaltransitions.com/product/refurbished-credo-40/) is a pretty good value.

Team Phase One is one company that comprises entities previously known as Leaf, Mamiya, and Phase One and a long term strategic alliance with Schneider Kreuznach. I've had the pleasure to visit all but one of their facilities across the globe.
Title: Re: Is Leaf still around?
Post by: douglevy on May 24, 2017, 08:44:27 pm
I upgraded to a Credo 60 in December and was told the 40/60 were discontinued, but they're still making the 50 and 80. Tested an IQ160 and preferred the Credo color by far.