Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JudyKonopka on May 23, 2017, 04:37:14 pm
-
I am not sure what is going on. I am trying to allow the printer to handle colors, but can't find out where. When I choose "Printer Manages Colors", and then go into the Print Settings, all I see is Media Quality, Layout, Paper Handling, Cover Pages and Finishing Options - nothing that says Color Settings (it use to be there and I don't know how to get it back!). Any ideas?
-
Yes, I'm replying to myself :). I was going crazy over an hour scouring the internet, etc. then finally called Epson. I have NO Idea how this happened, but somehow I revered to a very early driver. So we just upgraded and everything was fine. :)
-
You are probably operating a Mac and probably had the Airprint driver and with the re-install got the Series driver. (Am I correct?) This pothole has screwed up more people (including yours truly) than I care to think about. For every reader out there who installs one of these printers and notices that 90% of their options and controls don't exist, go to Preferences, delete the printer, re-add the printer, and when you do the driver set-up make sure to Select the Series driver, not the Airprint driver.
-
This bit me as well. Epson makes some fine printers but seems to put very little effort into their drivers. I'm still amazed that they will release a new driver without any information about it. No idea if it has new features, bug fixes or new profiles. Amazing.
-
This bit me as well. Epson makes some fine printers but seems to put very little effort into their drivers. I'm still amazed that they will release a new driver without any information about it. No idea if it has new features, bug fixes or new profiles. Amazing.
Actually, they put a lot of effort into their drivers; but documentation, another story. You can reasonably surmise that up-dated drivers have bug fixes or incremental usability improvements. But yes, it would be very nice to have a history list of what changed in successive versions; many software providers do this. Absent that, the safest advice is that when they issue an update there is most likely good reason, so just install it. If it too has problems, tech support can usually pull us through one way or another.
-
Thanks, Mark. After a botched driver update I've been reluctant to install a newer driver especially without a documented reason to do so. I will, however, now follow your recommendation and keep up to date.