Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on May 23, 2017, 03:32:23 am

Title: Cottonball Marsh at sunset
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on May 23, 2017, 03:32:23 am
This winter in Death Valley I was lucky to get two (!) rainstorms in a few days. When it rains on some of the driest landscapes on Earth, the landscape change in ways unimaginable when you see it dry: here you can see Cottonball Marsh turned into a spectacular lake at sunset.

(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/SL_02118.jpg)

Leica SL (Typ 601) and Voigtlander 15mm. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Title: Re: Cottonball Marsh at sunset
Post by: mbaginy on May 23, 2017, 03:33:49 am
We really need a like button.  Another stunnig shot, Vieri!
Title: Re: Cottonball Marsh at sunset
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 23, 2017, 04:17:34 am
What a great image. I am not so sure about the inclusion of the debris (?) on the bottom left. To me, it perturbs the sand patterns, and distracts from it.
Title: Re: Cottonball Marsh at sunset
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 23, 2017, 09:31:28 am
We really need a like button.  Another stunnig shot, Vieri!
like!

No rain on my one trip to DV, alas!
Title: Re: Cottonball Marsh at sunset
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 23, 2017, 10:52:41 am
Not often do we see the sky, the reflection and the foreground all reading from the same page. Interesting tint.
Title: Re: Cottonball Marsh at sunset
Post by: MattBurt on May 23, 2017, 12:03:26 pm
I would also like a like button. I don't have anything original to add but I like it!
Title: Re: Cottonball Marsh at sunset
Post by: thierrylegros396 on May 23, 2017, 01:02:27 pm
I like the "copper" color, and everything else of course.

Thierry
Title: Re: Cottonball Marsh at sunset
Post by: nirpat89 on May 23, 2017, 02:02:52 pm
Golden!
Title: Re: Cottonball Marsh at sunset
Post by: luxborealis on May 24, 2017, 01:42:30 pm
like! X 3
Title: Re: Cottonball Marsh at sunset
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on May 25, 2017, 03:08:18 am
We really need a like button.  Another stunnig shot, Vieri!

Thank you very much Mike! :)

What a great image. I am not so sure about the inclusion of the debris (?) on the bottom left. To me, it perturbs the sand patterns, and distracts from it.

Thank you Paulo, glad you enjoyed it :) Obviously, I disagree with you about the wood in the lower left corner, but I appreciate that you might feel differently. To me, it balances the composition and it points directly towards the setting sun, driving the viewer's eye where I want it to go :)

like!

No rain on my one trip to DV, alas!

Thank you Eric! :) Rain happens in DV, but not very often - I time my trips and Workshops in DV for the period when the chance of rain is highest, then it's a matter of luck of course ;)

Not often do we see the sky, the reflection and the foreground all reading from the same page. Interesting tint.

Thank you Scott! Yes, the copper-coloured mud's colour complemented the setting sun's tint very nicely here ;)

I would also like a like button. I don't have anything original to add but I like it!

Thank you very much Matt, much appreciated! :)

I like the "copper" color, and everything else of course.

Thierry

Thank you Thierry for your comment, much appreciated!

Golden!

:)



Thank you Terry! :)

Best regards,

Vieri




Title: Re: Cottonball Marsh at sunset
Post by: langier on May 25, 2017, 03:54:19 am
Wow! Well done!
Title: Re: Cottonball Marsh at sunset
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on May 26, 2017, 05:22:07 pm
Wow! Well done!

Thank you very much Larry, glad you enjoyed it! :) Best regards,

Vieri