Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on May 20, 2017, 08:45:21 am

Title: Mr. & Mrs. Crane
Post by: RSL on May 20, 2017, 08:45:21 am
Mr. & Mrs. Crane discussing the political opinions they're reading on The Coffee Corner.
Title: Re: Mr. & Mrs. Crane
Post by: KMRennie on May 20, 2017, 09:12:35 am
I like it apart from the distracting top. Ken
Title: Re: Mr. & Mrs. Crane
Post by: RSL on May 20, 2017, 10:10:25 am
One can only hope you're not serious, Ken.
Title: Re: Mr. & Mrs. Crane
Post by: BobDavid on May 20, 2017, 10:15:22 am
Golden hour birds. ... It looks like they were posing for you.
Title: Re: Mr. & Mrs. Crane
Post by: RSL on May 20, 2017, 10:24:18 am
It was the crack of dawn, Bob, and you're right: they were posing. I made a series of shots, two with them squawking like this. These guys hang around here and they're not at all worried about humans. When I saw the results on my computer I was reminded of the stuff I've read in The Coffee Corner. I think the birds are expressing an appropriate response.
Title: Re: Mr. & Mrs. Crane
Post by: BobDavid on May 20, 2017, 04:38:31 pm
I love the cranes, herons, and wood storks that frequent the canal behind our house. I often see flocks of parrots on the power lines. They are real squawkers. ... The toads and slugs I can do without. ... Nice photo, BTW.
Title: Re: Mr. & Mrs. Crane
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 20, 2017, 06:53:19 pm
I suspect their comments are more intelligent than most of the ones in the Coffee Corner.
Title: Re: Mr. & Mrs. Crane
Post by: RSL on May 20, 2017, 07:02:46 pm
There's no doubt at all about that, Eric.