Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: ARD on August 14, 2006, 06:21:01 pm
-
Sorry if this is the wrong section, but which monitor is best for photographs, CRT or LCD, if LCD which one?
After my faulty lens experience I got to thinking that it might be a lot to do with monitors why people think their lenses are sharper or not
-
Sorry if this is the wrong section, but which monitor is best for photographs, CRT or LCD, if LCD which one?
After my faulty lens experience I got to thinking that it might be a lot to do with monitors why people think their lenses are sharper or not
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73356\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It's getting progressively harder and harder to find CRTs of decent quality since the production of these units stopped about a year ago.
-
It's not really a matter of CRT or LCD anymore. CRTs are dead in the water save old stock or really cheap crap. It's more of a question of getting a really good LCD. Of course the Apple Cinema Displays are at the top of the class, as well as high end Sonys and La Cie LCDs. Whatever the model, be prepared with a mitt full of benjamins if you want photo quality editing.
If I was buying tomorrow, the newest version of the Apple 23" Cinema Display is killer (just released a couple weeks ago). Besides the excellent display attributes, I like the compact aluminum case and onboard Firewire and USB ports. Of course the 30" Cinema Display is even better if you have the video card firepower and $1900 calms.
-
Looks a nice piece of kit, how does it compare to the Eizo Colour Edge?
-
I bought an NEC 2190UXi Spectraview about 3 weeks ago. Colors look great and after profiling with the included hardware/software I'm getting great print matching on my Epson 4000.
-
I've had good results with a couple of LaCie 321 monitors, hooked up side-by-side. Bridge and the tools on the right monitor, Photoshop and the images on the left.