Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: tim wolcott on May 19, 2017, 12:28:59 pm

Title: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: tim wolcott on May 19, 2017, 12:28:59 pm
Recent I have been visiting Yosemite, met some great people there and some patrons of this blog.  One came up from behind me when I was standing on top of a ladder at 12 feet shooting this river scene.  Yosemite is a place of grandeur and promise to those who are willing to really spend the time to find magnificent dogwoods in the spring.  I'm always amazed when I meet fellow Lula readers in unique places.  Tim
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 19, 2017, 01:08:33 pm
All nice, but numbers 1 & 3 are really very nice
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: thierrylegros396 on May 19, 2017, 01:23:00 pm
I particularly like the framing of #3.

Thierry
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: sierraman on May 19, 2017, 01:28:36 pm
Very nice Tim. So that was you on the ladder.  :)
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: tim wolcott on May 19, 2017, 01:37:49 pm
Yes I thought I would've ran into you or you would've came up to me.  I thought I would've also seen Hugh there but to no avail.  You should've stopped by.  I met others.  Yes the was me the crazy one on the ladder.  Hope to go back if I can.  Tim
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: HSakols on May 19, 2017, 02:00:04 pm
Tim,
I only live 12 miles away and sometimes have trouble getting motivated, especially now when I only have two more weeks of teaching kiddos!.  I plan to drive in tomorrow early.  I cherish my early morning romps through the valley.  If I ever see your rig, I stop by and say hello.   

Hugh
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: tim wolcott on May 19, 2017, 02:15:17 pm
Where do you live.  What town.  Been there a lot recently.  Tim
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: HSakols on May 19, 2017, 02:45:27 pm
El Portal off HWY 140.  I work at the local school and my wife works most days in Yosemite Valley for Nature Bridge.
Hugh
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: tim wolcott on May 19, 2017, 04:45:57 pm
A few more from the trip.  Tim
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: HSakols on May 19, 2017, 06:24:45 pm
I really like number 2.  Last weekend was so beautiful with puffy clouds. Sadly, I didn't get any photos, but I did get a great mountain bike ride in where I could see half dome from a distance - outside of Yosemite. 
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 19, 2017, 07:38:20 pm
I just love the dogwoods in flower
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 19, 2017, 07:51:00 pm
I just love the dogwoods in flower
+1,
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: tim wolcott on May 20, 2017, 01:17:40 am
I found that this was a great time to visit my old love Yosemite Nat'l Park.  Look forward to going back as soon as possible.  T
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: praja343 on May 20, 2017, 01:52:31 am
Tim:
All are keepers; every one is worth looking at again and again.
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: langier on May 20, 2017, 09:14:59 am
+1!
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: 32BT on May 20, 2017, 09:51:48 am
I keep coming back to image 4 in the original post. Lovely colors and great drawing, although i sense some unbalance in the composition?
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: tim wolcott on May 20, 2017, 03:23:42 pm
These roughly cropped.  Here is it final crop if that lets you rest better.  T
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 22, 2017, 05:09:09 am
I really like #1 and #4 of the original post. The flowing water as background works really well.
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: tim wolcott on June 02, 2017, 11:04:55 am
A few more from Yosemite.  Tim
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: JKoerner007 on June 03, 2017, 11:30:02 pm
Flowers over flowing waters are always delightful :)
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 04, 2017, 12:45:35 am
Flowers over flowing waters are always delightful :)
+1.
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: tim wolcott on June 05, 2017, 12:03:37 am
A few more from the trip.  What a great trip.  TimothyWolcott.com
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 05, 2017, 09:09:54 am
You are definitely King of the Dogwoods, Tim!
Lovely!
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: tim wolcott on June 07, 2017, 10:42:57 pm
A couple more from Yosemite. 

Thanks Eric.  Tim
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: HSakols on June 07, 2017, 11:04:42 pm
You did have a productive spring!  Nice compositions. 
Hugh
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: ned on June 08, 2017, 12:35:02 pm
How long will the flowers last? I'll be up there later this month.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Yosemite Oh Yosemite in Spring
Post by: tim wolcott on June 08, 2017, 12:38:22 pm
Its done and over.  They last a very short time. two weeks when they flower.  T