Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: graeme on May 16, 2017, 06:24:45 am

Title: All Saints Church, Harewood House
Post by: graeme on May 16, 2017, 06:24:45 am
Alabaster effigies 1419 - 1510, All Saints Church, Harewood House, UK.
Title: Re: All Saints Church, Harewood House
Post by: RSL on May 16, 2017, 09:19:21 am
And you were there.
Title: Re: All Saints Church, Harewood House
Post by: John R on May 16, 2017, 09:32:45 am
I really like these. The use of selective focus really makes them effective. Nice work and well composed.

JR
Title: Re: All Saints Church, Harewood House
Post by: degrub on May 16, 2017, 12:24:09 pm
B&W works well for these.
Was the roof a stepped construction ? Any angels overhead ?
Frank
Title: Re: All Saints Church, Harewood House
Post by: graeme on May 17, 2017, 07:54:40 pm
Thanks for looking & for the comments.

Frank, rather embarrassingly I can't remember looking at the roof / ceiling. We got to the church shortly before it was being locked up at the end of the day & I was immediately attracted by the effigies. I got stuck into photographing them & like a typical idiot squinting through a camera viewfinder I probably missed loads of other stuff.

We'll visit again at some point. it's a lovely place.

http://harewood.org/explore/gardens-and-grounds/all-saints-church/

I've attached a couple more effigy pix. These show just how beat up they are.

And an postcardy pic of the churchyard just as a reminder that there is colour in the world.