Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on May 11, 2017, 03:04:52 pm

Title: scary walk
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 11, 2017, 03:04:52 pm
I'd just done it, twice. The bridge sways quite alarmingly, and it's a long way down.

Jeremy
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 11, 2017, 07:48:12 pm
I get dizzy just looking at the photo.
No way will you get me to cross that bridge!
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: graeme on May 11, 2017, 09:59:56 pm
Somewhere in Cornwall?
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 12, 2017, 04:42:17 am
Somewhere in Cornwall?

No, Northern Ireland. Carrick a Rede. Was used in Game of Thrones, I'm told.

Jeremy
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: Otto Phocus on May 12, 2017, 05:53:49 am
I think your timing of the photograph worked well.  I like that the person is just starting on the crossing instead of being in the center of the bridge (which is probably what I would have done).

By having the person just starting crossing, it builds, in my opinion, some suspense in the shot.
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 12, 2017, 11:24:23 am
I think your timing of the photograph worked well.  I like that the person is just starting on the crossing instead of being in the center of the bridge (which is probably what I would have done).

By having the person just starting crossing, it builds, in my opinion, some suspense in the shot.
You could build even more suspense (and ambiguity) if you followed it by a photo from the same spot of the bridge empty.
Did he make it across, or...?
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: graeme on May 12, 2017, 11:37:59 am
No, Northern Ireland. Carrick a Rede. Was used in Game of Thrones, I'm told.

Jeremy

So much for my memory.

Definitely a scary walk - I feel dizzy looking at it.
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 12, 2017, 03:19:07 pm
You could build even more suspense (and ambiguity) if you followed it by a photo from the same spot of the bridge empty.
Did he make it across, or...?

Funny you should mention that, Eric.

Jeremy
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: 32BT on May 12, 2017, 04:48:33 pm
Funny you should mention that, Eric.

Jeremy

Ah, I see your AK has a scope with integrated digicam...

Does give an entirely new meaning to the title.
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 12, 2017, 07:16:46 pm
Funny you should mention that, Eric.

Jeremy
How many times did you make him climb back up for another shot until you got it right?
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: degrub on May 12, 2017, 10:47:02 pm
Clearly a "zen" moment...
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 12, 2017, 11:26:04 pm
Clearly a "zen" moment...
"What is the sound of one man falling?"
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: degrub on May 13, 2017, 09:28:01 am
a "clap"
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 13, 2017, 12:11:51 pm
The bridge is owned by the National Trust and access is quite carefully regimented. I dashed across fairly quickly, leaving my wife to meander and hold up the queue. That's her at the front.

Jeremy
Title: Re: scary walk
Post by: Bruce Cox on May 13, 2017, 12:25:49 pm
I like this last one, but I think you wife deserves most of the credit.