Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on May 08, 2017, 05:01:48 am

Title: A few from Almograve, part 2
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 08, 2017, 05:01:48 am
Good morning,
Just a few more following up from the previous post.
Kind regards.

Title: Re: A few from Almograve, part 2
Post by: RMW on May 08, 2017, 11:25:12 am
Paulo,
Your grass foto is beautiful ! The light on the flowers and the DOF, to me, are a very effective combination.
Thanks for including it along with the others.
Richard
Title: Re: A few from Almograve, part 2
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 08, 2017, 02:06:20 pm
I like the wildness and roughness of #2.
Title: Re: A few from Almograve, part 2
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 09, 2017, 04:06:40 am
Thanks for the comments.

Ref. #1, the grass photo, it was one of those moments... I was just packing up and going back to the car, when I noticed the sun coming over the coastal dunes and highlighting the dew on the stalks. I used the ZM C Sonnar 50, I really like this lens for the transition between what is sharp and the progressing diffusion towards the background.

Ref. #2, I sat on the cliff for several minutes, just playing with the timing of the waves pounding the rocks. I also tried some long exposures, but in the end, I liked this one better, it has more energy.
Title: Re: A few from Almograve, part 2
Post by: thierrylegros396 on May 09, 2017, 08:07:03 am
Paulo,
Your grass foto is beautiful ! The light on the flowers and the DOF, to me, are a very effective combination.
Thanks for including it along with the others.
Richard

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: A few from Almograve, part 2
Post by: francois on May 10, 2017, 05:00:27 am
Yes, the grass image is fantastic and outstanding. Great idea to keep your eyes open when you decided to leave!
Title: Re: A few from Almograve, part 2
Post by: maddogmurph on May 10, 2017, 10:26:15 pm
None of these are compelling for me. I'd use a 10 stop on #2 to create some drama/movement. #3 I'd dual process the sky and foreground for higher dynamic range. #1 is nice light, but just not particularly compelling as a subject.
Title: Re: A few from Almograve, part 2
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 11, 2017, 04:29:56 am
None of these are compelling for me. I'd use a 10 stop on #2 to create some drama/movement. #3 I'd dual process the sky and foreground for higher dynamic range. #1 is nice light, but just not particularly compelling as a subject.

Thanks. As for #2, there you go. Colour and B&W.