Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: churly on May 04, 2017, 07:15:26 pm
-
Shooting this ice storm turned into an exercise in graphics.
Chuck
-
The first photo of the series is a real stunner. The second one is a close second. The others are very good, but they are not in the same league as one and two.
-
+1. That's looking, Chuck.
-
The first photo of the series is a real stunner. The second one is a close second. The others are very good, but they are not in the same league as one and two.
Agreed, although I might reverse the first and second.
Jeremy
-
Another vote for 1 and 2 (in either order).
Excellent.
-
as said above, the first two are very nice
-
Ditto.
We get a similar type of thing with freezing rain coating the trees etc. Like everything has been dipped in glass. It's never as thick as in these photos, but that means that a gentle breeze will have long grasses, twigs & reeds moving & the sound as they do so & clink together, is magical.
-
Thanks all for having a look and commenting. The first 2 are my favorites as well.
Bill - This storm was unusual as it was a record 60 hours of freezing rain without wind and thus only a few minor power outages.
I've added a few more that I like as well. 6 is one of our apple trees and in 7 I like the light.
Chuck
-
The second of that set of three, really stands out
-
The second of that set of three, really stands out
Yes
-
Great stuff, Chuck. #2 in the first set is my fave, maybe because it's relatively abstract.
-
Now my favorites are 1,2,5, and 6. I love these.
In college, some 60 years ago, I took a photo of an ice storm that was a little similar to your #2 (but not as good). It was one of my favorites of the time, but the negative disappeared long ago, so I only have vague memories of it.
So thanks for sharing these treats.
Eric
-
The first of the first set and second of the second set are really great shots!
-
There is certainly an interesting variety of opinions.
Thanks all for the feedback.
Chuck