Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on April 29, 2017, 09:26:49 pm
-
Siglo Colour. (http://blog.parrikar.com/2017/04/30/siglo-colour/) Crisp winter air in Siglufjörður, Iceland.
-
The museum seems like an excellent way to repurpose the herring fishery buildings and keep the history alive.
Although the museum was created years after my visit, I was reminded of our group's brief visit to a whaling station, somewhat west of Reykjavik. A whale was being processed at the time, and the stench was overwhelming several hundred yards away. I think by 1974 whaling was already supposed to be limited to "scientific" purposes.
Somehow, I suspect theses photos would not work nearly as well in black and white. ;)
Eric
-
Eric,
Minke whale meat is still served in a few restaurants in Iceland.
-
Good shooting, Rajan. You captured the feel as well as the subjects. Brrrrr.
-
+1 and +1
-
Nice.
Looks like the tourist board knows what attracts photographers.
-
Nice.
Looks like the tourist board knows what attracts photographers.
Actually, I think all this colour has something to do with living in a mostly winter-like country. People want to see colour. Newfoundland also has some very colourful buildings which really stand out in winter.
Lovely images, Rajan.
JR