Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on April 29, 2017, 02:05:41 am

Title: Laundromat Scene
Post by: BobDavid on April 29, 2017, 02:05:41 am
Plenty of seating available
Title: Re: Laundromat Scene
Post by: graeme on April 29, 2017, 06:40:28 am
Very nice. I particularly like the restricted colour palette, subtle greys working well with the slightly muted yellows & greens. A strong graphic composition as well.
Title: Re: Laundromat Scene
Post by: dlcox on April 29, 2017, 10:03:55 am
I like most of it, but I don't like the left edge.

If it were mine, I would try darkening the green or cropping to the middle of the "No Bicycle..." sign.

Bruce on dlcox's computer
Title: Re: Laundromat Scene
Post by: RSL on April 29, 2017, 11:12:30 am
It's fine, Bob. Good shooting. I love laundromats. Got a pretty good one from several years ago here in Leesburg, but I can't seem to lay hands on it at the moment.
Title: Re: Laundromat Scene
Post by: BobDavid on April 29, 2017, 11:36:14 am
I zoomed in on the full-rez file and discovered the TV show is "Three's Company." ...talk about shelf life.
Title: Re: Laundromat Scene
Post by: BobDavid on April 29, 2017, 11:37:04 am
It's fine, Bob. Good shooting. I love laundromats. Got a pretty good one from several years ago here in Leesburg, but I can't seem to lay hands on it at the moment.

If you find it, please post it.
Title: Re: Laundromat Scene
Post by: RSL on April 29, 2017, 12:10:29 pm
I cropped. (I'm so ashamed.)
Title: Re: Laundromat Scene
Post by: BobDavid on April 29, 2017, 02:14:28 pm
I cropped. (I'm so ashamed.)

That's a good one, Russ. ...so Florida. The aspect ratio is perfect.
Title: Re: Laundromat Scene
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 29, 2017, 04:46:06 pm
I can see a "Show me your Landromats" thread arising out of these two.
I wish I had one to contribute. These are both excellent, Bob and Russ.