Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on April 24, 2017, 01:54:58 pm

Title: Zion Valley
Post by: armand on April 24, 2017, 01:54:58 pm
from some often photographed viewpoints
Title: Re: Zion Valley
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 24, 2017, 02:21:59 pm
I'm not particularly enamoured of #3, Armand, but the others are lovely, particularly the last.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Zion Valley
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 24, 2017, 03:49:55 pm
The bit of warm light on the peaks really makes the last one.
Title: Re: Zion Valley
Post by: MattBurt on April 24, 2017, 06:50:29 pm
The bit of warm light on the peaks really makes the last one.

That's my favorite for the same reason.
Title: Re: Zion Valley
Post by: francois on April 25, 2017, 05:14:59 am
I agree with Jeremy on #3 but the other photos, especially the last one are nice. I'd consider #3 more as a documentary than artistic.
Title: Re: Zion Valley
Post by: stamper on April 25, 2017, 06:06:30 am
I'm not particularly enamoured of #3, Armand, but the others are lovely, particularly the last.

Jeremy

Yes!
Title: Re: Zion Valley
Post by: RSL on April 25, 2017, 10:34:40 am
Good shooting, Armand, especially the last one where nature helped you with the lighting.
Title: Re: Zion Valley
Post by: armand on April 25, 2017, 11:59:55 am
 Thank you all, I guess the 3rd didn't come out the way I saw it.
Title: Re: Zion Valley
Post by: Alan Klein on April 25, 2017, 08:56:50 pm
I prefer more contrast.  The shadow areas were overly brightened.   The last is the best.
Title: Re: Zion Valley
Post by: armand on April 25, 2017, 10:23:59 pm
I prefer more contrast.  The shadow areas were overly brightened.   The last is the best.

I had some versions with more contrast but I settled for the softer/ more peaceful versions. Either way, contrast is the easiest thing I can add to these.
Title: Re: Zion Valley
Post by: armand on April 25, 2017, 10:28:11 pm
Here is one I was more ambivalent about