Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: ddolde on August 09, 2006, 08:01:57 pm

Title: Landmannalaugar Valley. Iceland
Post by: ddolde on August 09, 2006, 08:01:57 pm
Awesome image !  The light and composition are great.
Title: Landmannalaugar Valley. Iceland
Post by: oldcsar on August 09, 2006, 08:26:49 pm
I also enjoy the composition. I like the positioning of the jagged, barren hill as the main focus, and how every corner of the frame has a different landform which captures interest.
Title: Landmannalaugar Valley. Iceland
Post by: Ray on August 09, 2006, 09:53:23 pm
I agree! It's a study in color, texture and form. Almost semi-abstract. Very appealing.
Title: Landmannalaugar Valley. Iceland
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 09, 2006, 10:17:53 pm
This is one of my favorite recent home page photos. I look forward eagerly to the new Iceland portfolio.

Eric
Title: Landmannalaugar Valley. Iceland
Post by: boku on August 09, 2006, 10:19:45 pm
Agree - looks a like solid portfolio image. I want to walk into that picture, touch and explore.
Title: Landmannalaugar Valley. Iceland
Post by: michael on August 10, 2006, 03:11:53 am
Thanks all.

I've just started working on my files from the trip (other than some casual review done in Iceland, and so far it's my favourite. Definately portfolio grade.

Now, if only you could see a 20X24" print, rather than an 800 pixel JPG.

Michael
Title: Landmannalaugar Valley. Iceland
Post by: francois on August 10, 2006, 03:51:04 am
Simply beautiful!
The colors, tonalities an geometry are like magic.
Title: Landmannalaugar Valley. Iceland
Post by: Ben Rubinstein on August 13, 2006, 11:57:50 am
It is weird how flat the ground is at the bottom of those hills though, strolling through there with the multi coloured pebbles and little streams, all in the Golden Light, say about midnight, it's really a different planet!

This is my Landmannalaguer photo, say 11.30 at night last June. Iceland is unreal in its lighting and colour. [attachment=884:attachment]