Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on April 23, 2017, 05:21:34 pm

Title: Spring in the Southwest
Post by: maddogmurph on April 23, 2017, 05:21:34 pm
Hard to say... color or B&W?
Title: Re: Spring in the Southwest
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 23, 2017, 05:40:10 pm
Both nice. As a stand-alone photo, my preference is the B&W. But he color one says "Spring," which the B&W doesn't.

Title: Re: Spring in the Southwest
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 24, 2017, 04:26:45 am
IMO #1 has a stronger composition.
Title: Re: Spring in the Southwest
Post by: 32BT on April 24, 2017, 04:34:45 am
Both nice. As a stand-alone photo, my preference is the B&W. But he color one says "Spring," which the B&W doesn't.

+1
Title: Re: Spring in the Southwest
Post by: HSakols on April 24, 2017, 07:18:39 pm
I'm a mostly color guy, but I really like the BW. 
Hugh
Title: Re: Spring in the Southwest
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 25, 2017, 03:34:15 am
B&W. But they're not quite the same shot, though, are they?

Jeremy
Title: Re: Spring in the Southwest
Post by: francois on April 25, 2017, 05:18:35 am
I'd vote for the color version although the B&W is also stunning.
Title: Re: Spring in the Southwest
Post by: mikev1 on April 25, 2017, 09:50:40 am
I like the B&W!
Title: Re: Spring in the Southwest
Post by: James Clark on April 25, 2017, 10:10:36 am
I find the foreground to be much, much more effective in B&W. 
Title: Re: Spring in the Southwest
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 25, 2017, 10:14:08 am
I'd vote for the color version although the B&W is also stunning.

Yes, the colour version for me too.
Title: Re: Spring in the Southwest
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 26, 2017, 05:50:18 pm
I'll always be a B&W guy when it comes to a shot like this. Bravo!
Title: Re: Spring in the Southwest
Post by: aboudd on May 26, 2017, 10:51:48 am
Both, although Ansel would love your B&W.
Title: Re: Spring in the Southwest
Post by: tonysiciliano1 on May 29, 2017, 02:34:33 pm
Lovely photo! It would work better for me if you cropped some of the foreground away.