Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: chuckn on April 18, 2017, 10:49:30 pm

Title: Joshua Tree/Death Valley
Post by: chuckn on April 18, 2017, 10:49:30 pm
Joshua Tree in Death Valley National Park....comments???

Chuck
Title: Re: Joshua Tree/Death Valley
Post by: RSL on April 19, 2017, 07:15:54 am
Looks just like a Joshua tree. Golly. Must be a Joshua tree.
Title: Re: Joshua Tree/Death Valley
Post by: francois on April 19, 2017, 07:22:13 am
Not much to say except that I like it. B&W suits this type of landscape very well.
Title: Re: Joshua Tree/Death Valley
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 19, 2017, 02:34:15 pm
Not much to say except that I like it. B&W suits this type of landscape very well.

Agreed. I think the toning is a little heavy, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Joshua Tree/Death Valley
Post by: luxborealis on April 19, 2017, 07:15:54 pm
Beautiful! Leave it as is, but I see this scene in a 1:1 format.
Title: Re: Joshua Tree/Death Valley
Post by: graeme on April 19, 2017, 07:20:48 pm
Lovely, but as Jeremy says the toning is a little heavy.
Title: Re: Joshua Tree/Death Valley
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 19, 2017, 08:26:54 pm
Beautiful! Leave it as is, but I see this scene in a 1:1 format.
+1
Title: Re: Joshua Tree/Death Valley
Post by: chuckn on April 19, 2017, 10:20:59 pm
Thanks for the comments. What I was trying to convey in this photo was a sense of simple quiet isolation. Maybe the 1:1 crop might work better.

Chuck