Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: KMRennie on April 18, 2017, 09:11:33 am

Title: Cumbrian Fells from Gretna ICM
Post by: KMRennie on April 18, 2017, 09:11:33 am
This mornings flat calm was spoiled by a slight breeze so I started experimenting with ICM. Comments. Ken
Title: Re: Cumbrian Fells from Gretna ICM
Post by: brandtb on April 18, 2017, 09:21:51 am
 Very nice image Ken...especially the colors
Title: Re: Cumbrian Fells from Gretna ICM
Post by: KMRennie on April 18, 2017, 07:28:33 pm
Thanks Brandt. We seem to be the only ones who like it but it is quality not quantity ;). Ken
Title: Re: Cumbrian Fells from Gretna ICM
Post by: luxborealis on April 18, 2017, 07:48:35 pm
Gorgeous! One of the best photographs I've seen here in sometime.
Title: Re: Cumbrian Fells from Gretna ICM
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 19, 2017, 12:12:51 am
Gorgeous! One of the best photographs I've seen here in sometime.
+1.

You are really on a roll, Ken.
Title: Re: Cumbrian Fells from Gretna ICM
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 19, 2017, 06:08:29 am
I like it too. What is ICM?
Title: Re: Cumbrian Fells from Gretna ICM
Post by: francois on April 19, 2017, 07:07:02 am
I like it too. What is ICM?

ICM stands for intentional camera movement…
Title: Re: Cumbrian Fells from Gretna ICM
Post by: francois on April 19, 2017, 07:08:31 am
I love it too… Outstanding shot with this combination of soft colors and movement.
Bravo!
Title: Re: Cumbrian Fells from Gretna ICM
Post by: KMRennie on April 19, 2017, 07:35:04 am
Thanks everyone. I am surprised nobody has noticed the dust spots. I have also cropped a bit off the bottom of this image and I prefer it although it does put the horizon close to the middle but I don't really care about photographic rules if the image looks better. Shot at f32 to give me along enough shutter speed to get some movement robably the reason that previously unnoticed dust spots appear oh just think of the quality loss through diffraction. Ken
Title: Re: Cumbrian Fells from Gretna ICM
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 19, 2017, 03:30:48 pm
ICM stands for intentional camera movement…
I'm glad Paulo asked about ICM so I don't have to.   ;)
Title: Re: Cumbrian Fells from Gretna ICM
Post by: JMCP on April 19, 2017, 04:58:19 pm
Stunning image, well done.

Cheers, John
Title: Re: Cumbrian Fells from Gretna ICM
Post by: luxborealis on April 19, 2017, 06:57:02 pm
Thanks everyone. I am surprised nobody has noticed the dust spots.
 Ken

I just figured the dust spots were marks on my screen! They are easily fixed, but what a photograph!
Title: Re: Cumbrian Fells from Gretna ICM
Post by: KMRennie on April 20, 2017, 07:04:04 am
I thought that I would let you see the original scene without me twisting the camera rapidly. I can't remember whether clockwise or anticlockwise a phrase that will soon to be explained as the time display on peoples' phone doesn't rotate( grumpy old codger!). Even if it sounds pretentious "I was trying to capture my mood in that time and location without the detail getting in the way". Final shot without spots, I think that I might enter it in the Edinburgh International Exhibition of Photography you never know what meaning judges will find in it.

Historic Note This part of Scotland facing England, less than a mile away, was patrolled by Robert Burns poet and exciseman and the writer of some of the best poems/ songs in the Scots/ English language, I am a Scot and could be a tad biased. The thought of a young man speaking "Ae Fond Kiss" to a woman may go some way in explaining the number of children that he fathered to different women. Ken