Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: PeterAit on April 17, 2017, 04:01:31 pm

Title: Silver birch, Iceland
Post by: PeterAit on April 17, 2017, 04:01:31 pm
At least I think it is a silver birch.

Which version do you prefer - BW or color? Any other ideas?
Title: Re: Silver birch, Iceland
Post by: RSL on April 17, 2017, 04:04:42 pm
It looks a lot like a tree to me. I'll bet it's a tree!
Title: Re: Silver birch, Iceland
Post by: Bruce Cox on April 17, 2017, 05:52:18 pm
You depict the bark very well but it is a tall order to have it carry the whole frame.
Title: Re: Silver birch, Iceland
Post by: brandtb on April 18, 2017, 01:07:09 pm
The subject and framing is nice, the B/W has more potential. In the B/W example the effect of what appears to be negative contrast/clarity is too distracting. I think to make this better the processing needs to more "unified"...between the shininess of bark and background. The tree already stands out as is...