Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: KMRennie on April 15, 2017, 04:31:02 pm

Title: St Ives Bay
Post by: KMRennie on April 15, 2017, 04:31:02 pm
St Ive's Bay, Cornwall, England. Taken 1st Sep 2013 approx 30 min after sunset. Much brightened and turned into a soft and gentle high key landscape. Having made it look anything like a blue hour shot I then removed most of the orange to make it even simpler. Hope you like them. Ken
Title: Re: St Ive's Bay
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 15, 2017, 04:52:29 pm
Beautiful, Ken!
Title: Re: St Ives Bay
Post by: iczek on April 15, 2017, 07:12:57 pm
Amazing light!


Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk
Title: Re: St Ives Bay
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 15, 2017, 10:48:35 pm
Still looks natural, very appealing.
Title: Re: St Ives Bay
Post by: Bob_B on April 16, 2017, 07:47:55 am
Beautiful light! I hope one gets printed (large).
Title: Re: St Ives Bay
Post by: thierrylegros396 on April 16, 2017, 10:29:48 am
Beautiful light! I hope one gets printed (large).

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: St Ives Bay
Post by: VincentR on April 16, 2017, 11:15:00 am
In a sea of oversaturated photos, this one is quite refreshing. Nice natural pastel colors, love it!
Title: Re: St Ives Bay
Post by: Chairman Bill on April 16, 2017, 11:19:06 am
Nicely done
Title: Re: St Ives Bay
Post by: Peter McLennan on April 16, 2017, 12:15:47 pm
Superb.
Title: Re: St Ives Bay
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 16, 2017, 12:22:41 pm
+1
Title: Re: St Ives Bay
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 17, 2017, 06:14:22 am
Love it, looks ethereal.
Title: Re: St Ives Bay
Post by: luxborealis on April 17, 2017, 07:38:27 am
The word "perfection" comes to mind. Beautiful work - composition, processing, treatment - all in keeping with the place.
Title: Re: St Ives Bay
Post by: KMRennie on April 17, 2017, 12:59:48 pm
Thanks very much for the comments they do the ego a lot of good. This shot was taken about 20 minutes after the one above and about 50 minutes after sunset. Again lightened a lot and desaturated. The pink colour is real. I walked down to the beach to take photographs thinking that I would spend about an hour. Five hours later I had to leave as I was chilled despite it being 1st Sep as I had spent lots of time wading in the Atlantic and was soaked to the waist. Although I like this shot I much prefer the first one especially the lighter version. I don't know how large I can print the first one but will print a 13" * 19" for a competition and see how it does. It will be different in a sea of oversaturated and oversharpened images that are the norm here in UK competitions. Ken
Title: Re: St Ives Bay
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 17, 2017, 01:50:43 pm
If I hadn't seen the first one, I would say "Very nice image."
And it is.
But the first one has incredible magic to it!

Eric
Title: Re: St Ives Bay
Post by: luxborealis on April 17, 2017, 09:53:25 pm
First two are definitely better to my eye. The third seems slightly over-sharpened (at least in this small, jpeg iteration) and although I like the closer view of the distant island, the colours in the first two seems more compatible and complement the subject and time of day.