Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bruce Cox on April 15, 2017, 12:35:04 pm

Title: outside the grocery
Post by: Bruce Cox on April 15, 2017, 12:35:04 pm
on a Saturday afternoon

Title: Re: outside the grocery
Post by: RSL on April 15, 2017, 02:14:38 pm
Wow! Very good, Bruce. Now there's ambiguity. Sure beats cats, dogs, old rocks, landscapes, and flowers.
Title: Re: outside the grocery
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 15, 2017, 04:56:30 pm
You could never set that up.
Great catch.
Title: Re: outside the grocery
Post by: fdisilvestro on April 15, 2017, 06:59:20 pm
Very nice, anyway it looks like a composite to me.
Title: Re: outside the grocery
Post by: RSL on April 15, 2017, 08:31:01 pm
Looks that way to me too, but I can't be sure, so it's good stuff.
Title: Re: outside the grocery
Post by: Bruce Cox on April 15, 2017, 09:36:05 pm
Oh, it's a composite.

It's my lucky last frame from holding the camera on my knee while talking to some gent who sat down and showed me photos of his roses.  Gave me cover.  It is a horizontal frame pasted on top of a moments before vertical auto focus error, though that made it a better background, that I repeated three times and later cropped on the right.

I shoot manually so they were both the same exposure;  I just darkened the background frame and brightened the over lapping one.  This made the pavement in the over lap too bright and I erased that part.  So the lucky top frame is that much skeletonized.

This is about my fifth or twelfth try at putting this photo of the girls on a composite background; I'm glad you find it interesting.

Bruce