Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: graeme on April 13, 2017, 01:27:53 pm

Title: Yet More Quarrybank Mill
Post by: graeme on April 13, 2017, 01:27:53 pm
Another four from Quarrybank Mill.
Title: Re: Yet More Quarrybank Mill
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 13, 2017, 03:53:52 pm
Well seen.
Title: Re: Yet More Quarrybank Mill
Post by: John R on April 13, 2017, 07:28:40 pm
The character of the pieces and equipment come through nicely. But IMHO, the ones where the light appears really makes a big difference.

JR
Title: Re: Yet More Quarrybank Mill
Post by: brandtb on April 14, 2017, 10:50:29 am
It's an interesting series (as mentioned especially where the effects of light are more pronounced) - not sure that the B&W or B&W processing helps some of them though - perhaps color versions (if there are) might be better.
Title: Re: Yet More Quarrybank Mill
Post by: graeme on April 14, 2017, 07:42:37 pm
Thanks for the comments.

John, I know what you mean about the shots which have more dramatic lighting.

Brandt, I'm concentrating on getting my B&W processing & printing together at the moment but I may post colour versions in a few months. Re the BW processing, as I say it's something I'm working on.

Graeme
Title: Re: Yet More Quarrybank Mill
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 14, 2017, 08:51:03 pm
I'd say your B&W processing is spot on in these.

Eric
Title: Re: Yet More Quarrybank Mill
Post by: Bob_B on April 15, 2017, 07:23:24 am
I have to agree with Eric: I very much like your choice of BW processing.
Title: Re: Yet More Quarrybank Mill
Post by: graeme on April 15, 2017, 09:17:07 am
Eric, Bob

Thanks.

I've been trying out some slightly different approaches to B&W Lightroom conversions & have probably ended up over thinking the process. This means I've been through a period of being unable to decide if I'm pleased with the results or not. I think I'm coming out of that phase now but there are still a couple of other conversion tweaks I want give myself a headache with.  :D

Then it's onto Quadtone RIP...

Graeme