Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: JoeKitchen on April 10, 2017, 02:53:43 pm

Title: C1 Layer Mask Question
Post by: JoeKitchen on April 10, 2017, 02:53:43 pm
Is there a way to subtract the content of one layer from another?

For instance, if I create a layer mask over a bottle and then add a gradient to the top of the image, but I do not want the gradient to effect the bottle, can I somehow delete the area of the bottle from the grad using the bottle layer mask I already drew?
Title: Re: C1 Layer Mask Question
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on April 10, 2017, 03:11:44 pm
Is there a way to subtract the content of one layer from another?

For instance, if I create a layer mask over a bottle and then add a gradient to the top of the image, but I do not want the gradient to effect the bottle, can I somehow delete the area of the bottle from the grad using the bottle layer mask I already drew?

Hi Joe,

Not as a function, but you can create an overall gradient mask, and mask out (Erase) the bottle shape from that gradient mask.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: C1 Layer Mask Question
Post by: JoeKitchen on April 10, 2017, 03:24:37 pm
Hi Joe,

Not as a function, but you can create an overall gradient mask, and mask out (Erase) the bottle shape from that gradient mask.

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks Bart, that's what I thought.  It's just so annoying doing it that way. 
Title: Re: C1 Layer Mask Question
Post by: E.J. Peiker on April 10, 2017, 03:48:48 pm
Probably should be moved to the Capture One section of LULA...