Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: KMRennie on April 06, 2017, 12:46:21 pm

Title: Winskill Stones
Post by: KMRennie on April 06, 2017, 12:46:21 pm
A patch of limestone pavement near Settle in North Yorkshire, England. Taken about 30 minutes before sunset. Hope you like it.
Ken
Title: Re: Winskill Stones
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 06, 2017, 10:05:51 pm
Very nice, Ken. Good job on bringing out the dimensionality in the rock.
Title: Re: Winskill Stones
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 07, 2017, 12:08:20 am
Beautiful shot, Ken. I feel I can walki into the picture and breathe the clean air.
Title: Re: Winskill Stones
Post by: stamper on April 07, 2017, 03:44:03 am
I like it!
Title: Re: Winskill Stones
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 07, 2017, 04:23:06 am
Excellent.
Title: Re: Winskill Stones
Post by: francois on April 07, 2017, 04:46:00 am
Beautiful, serene and not overdone… A fantastic shot!
Bravo
Title: Re: Winskill Stones
Post by: Walt Roycraft on April 07, 2017, 06:35:35 am
Love it!
Title: Re: Winskill Stones
Post by: nirpat89 on April 07, 2017, 06:58:26 am
I like it!
+1
Title: Re: Winskill Stones
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 07, 2017, 02:11:44 pm
Very good. A friend keeps promising to take me to photograph those pavements. I really must get round to it, although I'll have to work hard to top that one.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Winskill Stones
Post by: KMRennie on April 08, 2017, 08:37:33 am
Thanks everyone. This is the view a few minutes later facing the sun this time so another blooming sunset. Ken
Title: Re: Winskill Stones
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 08, 2017, 10:02:16 am
That one is very nice, too. But I still prefer the first image, with the lone tree.
Title: Re: Winskill Stones
Post by: Walt Roycraft on April 08, 2017, 02:12:54 pm
That one is very nice, too. But I still prefer the first image, with the lone tree.
+1
and also the light on the lone tree is very nice which you lose in the second shot.
Title: Re: Winskill Stones
Post by: luxborealis on April 10, 2017, 07:20:55 pm
Beautiful shot, Ken. I feel I can walki into the picture and breathe the clean air.

+1

I especially like the tantalizing glimpse of the far horizon.