Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Dinarius on April 05, 2017, 12:50:40 pm
-
Windows 10 Pro
I've just saved a file from a few years back from Capture One as a TIFF - using my normal output settings.
The files saved are opening in Camera RAW and not in a normal CS6 window.
AFAIK, I've changed nothing.
If I right-click on a file, under Properties, it says .tif.
The files were shot on a Canon G9.
Why is this happening?
Thanks.
D.
-
Why is this happening?
There is an option in PS6 to open TIFF / JPEG files in ACR. Just switch it off.
Cheers,
Bart
-
Bart,
Thanks.
I've disabled that now.
The odd thing is; my DSLR and Hasselblad TIFFs were all opening normally.
A quick Google suggests that CS6 was opening the file in ACR because it was previously processed in LR - some sort of metadata conflict.
Anyway, all is well now.
Cheers!
D.
-
The odd thing is; my DSLR and Hasselblad TIFFs were all opening normally.
A quick Google suggests that CS6 was opening the file in ACR because it was previously processed in LR - some sort of metadata conflict.
You probably had it set to "Open Tiffs with settings" vs. "all supported Tiffs". Any settings from LR would count as those 'settings'.