Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on April 03, 2017, 12:59:36 am

Title: Bovine Encounters
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 03, 2017, 12:59:36 am
Bovine Encounters. (http://blog.parrikar.com/2017/04/03/bovine-encounters/)

Title: Re: Bovine Encounters
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 03, 2017, 11:17:03 am
Beautifully posed and composed.
Title: Re: Bovine Encounters
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 03, 2017, 11:20:23 am
Beautifully posed and composed.

Thanks, Eric. This wasn't posed. They kept moving towards me and I shot a bunch of frames while crouched. This particular one happened when they hesitated just a bit as they got close to me.
Title: Re: Bovine Encounters
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 03, 2017, 01:33:54 pm
They obviously didn't really pose for you, Rajan, but what I meant was that you caught the moment perfectly when both cows and the farmer were in just the right positions.
Great timing!

Eric
Title: Re: Bovine Encounters
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 03, 2017, 02:55:01 pm
Well composed, Rajan. Just as well you didn't harm them: I read that the penalty in one state for killing a cow is about to rise to life in prison.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Bovine Encounters
Post by: brandtb on April 03, 2017, 03:18:06 pm
Nice image
Title: Re: Bovine Encounters
Post by: luxborealis on April 03, 2017, 07:39:01 pm
Beautifully posed and composed.

+1
Title: Re: Bovine Encounters
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 04, 2017, 02:49:08 am
Thank you, gentlemen.
Title: Re: Bovine Encounters
Post by: Telecaster on April 04, 2017, 04:22:44 pm
Love it! One of the best uses of a wider lens I've seen recently too.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Bovine Encounters
Post by: GrahamBy on April 04, 2017, 04:53:40 pm
What he said. One way or another, it's about knowing how to work with your models, no? ;)
Title: Re: Bovine Encounters
Post by: John R on April 06, 2017, 12:41:07 am
Looks the ox(?) on left is very hesitant with you around Rajan. What a wonderful composition. I note the driver has his own space and is not touching either ox.

JR
Title: Re: Bovine Encounters
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 06, 2017, 11:56:46 am
Looks the ox(?) on left is very hesitant with you around Rajan. What a wonderful composition. I note the driver has his own space and is not touching either ox.

JR

Thanks, all.

John - I took a lot of frames until I got a couple that worked. Had to keep moving backwards on the curb as they advanced.
Title: Re: Bovine Encounters
Post by: MattBurt on April 06, 2017, 05:46:29 pm
Great moment, great shot!
Title: Re: Bovine Encounters
Post by: BobDavid on April 06, 2017, 11:17:29 pm
I like the way you captured the subjects, and I think black and white works well.