Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: luxborealis on April 02, 2017, 05:52:04 pm
-
I am pleased with our two-week trip in that I have enough significant landscape photographs for a folio of printed works - very exciting. Iceland has such rich and varied landscapes with changeable, dramatic weather and compelling shapes and textures. Much to explore!
1. Coastal Storm Ólafsfjörður
2. Goðafoss
3. Hverfjall Tephra Cone, Mývatn
4. Detail: Hraunfoss
More photos on my Flickr account (https://www.flickr.com/photos/luxborealis/with/33610456045/).
-
All nicely done. I do like the abstract nature of the last two.
-
All nicely done. I do like the abstract nature of the last two.
Yes, some of your best.
-
Of these my favorite is Hraunfoss detail.
And that's the finest photo of Goðafoss that I've seen.
-Eric
-
Many thanks Bill, Scott and Eric.
-
All four are spectacular!
-
Very nice gallery with different takes on this spectacular country. My favorite is #4, the framing/composition, exposure, processing are exquisite.
Bravo!
-
#4 is my favourite.
-
Outstanding work. All 4 are top notch.
-
like the 2. Goðafoss best-
the circular water movements give it some something scientific... information that is not seen clearly when you are there.
(how do you pronounce ð ?)
-
Of these my favorite is Hraunfoss detail.
And that's the finest photo of Goðafoss that I've seen.
-Eric
+1
Thierry
-
Outstanding, Terry, particularly Goðafoss and Hraunfoss. What a place it is!
Jeremy
-
(how do you pronounce ð ?)
Rather like þ ;)
"th", sort of.
Jeremy
-
Excellent!
-
Many thanks to all.
Icelandic is a fascinating language with all the accents, which denote long vowel sounds, and interesting extra characters like the "ð", which Jeremy correctly points, is pronounced like a hard "th", like "weather", not a soft "th" as in "throw". At least that's my understanding.
It's surpring how, once you figure out the spelling, you can begin to see the similarities with English. And, of course, some local words used in England and Scotland are derived from the same words, foss, fell and kirk, to name a few. Think of "Kirkjufell" (church mountain) and Kirkjufellsfoss (church mountain waterfall).
-
Love all these images, Terry. Makes me want to go.
-
It's surpring how, once you figure out the spelling, you can begin to see the similarities with English.
My favorite is the all-important vinbuð.
-
My favorite is the all-important vinbuð.
Yes! The "wine booth"!
-
Love all these images, Terry. Makes me want to go.
Until I read Rajan's post. :(
-
Very nice group
-
Nicely done and different from most we see from Iceland. 👍
-
Terry,
very nice set. But I have to say 4. Detail: Hraunfoss is by far my favorite. The processing is outstanding, wonderful texture in the dark tones while holding the whites. Very impressive. Yet it is not only a technical triumph. There is such energy in the shot, the water is like streaks of lightening. Wow, just Wow, well done!
-
Thank you very much gentlemen.