Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on April 01, 2017, 01:36:32 am

Title: Current Currency Photo
Post by: BobDavid on April 01, 2017, 01:36:32 am
Still worthless.
Title: Re: Current Currency Photo
Post by: JNB_Rare on April 01, 2017, 07:33:23 am
Your first currency picture would benefit from large scale (e.g. 4 x 5 feet or so). This one doesn't need quite such an enlargement to work. I remember my first trip to the MOMA in New York as a young man in the 1970's. Seeing abstract impressionist paintings at full size (rather than a picture in a book) was a revelation.
Title: Re: Current Currency Photo
Post by: BobDavid on April 01, 2017, 10:02:10 am
Your first currency picture would benefit from large scale (e.g. 4 x 5 feet or so). This one doesn't need quite such an enlargement to work. I remember my first trip to the MOMA in New York as a young man in the 1970's. Seeing abstract impressionist paintings at full size (rather than a picture in a book) was a revelation.

I agree. I've been playing around with scale. I've got a photo I haven't posted here because it needs to be seen as a 28" X 56" print.
Title: Re: Current Currency Photo
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 01, 2017, 08:28:35 pm
I agree. I've been playing around with scale. I've got a photo I haven't posted here because it needs to be seen as a 28" X 56" print.
So just send everybody on LuLa a print!   ;D
Title: Re: Current Currency Photo
Post by: BradSmith on April 02, 2017, 05:59:14 pm
Sort of reminds me of very large prints I see in galleries or auctions that sell for immense sums of $.  Who knows why.