Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mseawell on March 29, 2017, 12:39:09 pm
-
A walked through the dark at a new location close to Snowbasin, Utah. Sadly, on this morning my wife decided discretion was the better part of valor. We had been to this area during the day in Ogden Canyon, when the sun was out and there were plenty of moose droppings which set off her alarm bells. But I thought, what the hell, this could be nice before sunrise so off I went. With my tripod, two camera bags and a small but powerful flashlight I plunged into darkness. As I departed my car, everything was in shadow and you could hear wild turkeys laughing at the stupid human who was walking to his doom. It was a tense walk. I just kept looking into shadows trying to see if I was going to get stomped by some annoyed large animal. Nothing. But I forgot about the black ice on the road and did my winter Olympics balancing act, a ten by any judges standard for staying on my feet. Sweet Jesus, was this REALLY going to be worth it? Then I came around the bend in the road and there was my objective, shrouded in heavy mist, clearing from the east, and letting the morning light though....ghost mountain.
-
Looks like a worthwhile outing to me! Love the fog and softness of it. Glad grumpy Bullwinkle didn't show up!
Also I'd love to ski those couloirs!
-
Thanks Matt! You can't see it but there are ski tracks down the side of the mountain On later pics with more light and the fog mostly cleared they come through loud and clear.
Mark
-
I agree with Matt… totally worth it, your time was not wasted at all.
-
Thank you kind sir! I noticed when I was driving in there was still a lot of clouds and fog. I'm glad I decided to press on.
-
Really lovely.
Its the little stories behind images that make it for me, Iv been that soul wandering round in the dark wondering whats watching me a few times :)
-
Thanks John! I think the pics are only half the story.
-
Great work as always.
-
Great work as always.
+1.
-
Lovely light, beautiful image.