Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: davidgp on March 28, 2017, 04:25:03 pm
-
Hasselblad just hired Ming Thein, profesional photographer in Kuala Lumpur and most famous between photographers for his blog: https://blog.mingthein.com/ as Chief of Strategy:
Press release: http://www.hasselblad.com/press/press-releases/hasselblad-appoints-ming-thein-as-chief-of-strategy
More reactions: DPReview: https://www.dpreview.com/news/0645006399/ming-thein-joins-hasselblad-as-chief-of-strategy and Diglloyd: https://diglloyd.com/blog/2017/20170328_1142-Hasselblad-MingThein.html
-
It's an outside the box hire that augurs well for Hasselblad's future under the new ownership. He strikes me as someone who has a rare combination of skills and experiences that a camera manufacturer occupying a niche market should benefit from.
-
Very interesting move.
Nikon should have hired Thom Hogan years ago! ;)
Cheers,
Bernard
-
It is good news for photographers and hopefully for Ming Thein, as well. I have great respect for his work, his ethics, and of course for his incredible photography. I can't think of any photographer that has influenced me more than Ming Thein, but perhaps not in ways obvious to others. IMO, Thein can shoot anything (and does), even the most ordinary, and still it fascinates me.
-
I'm hoping any input from Ming will be rolled out in a reasonable time frame.
He certainly has the experience that many could gain a lot from!
-
Ming Thein comments about this: https://blog.mingthein.com/2017/03/29/some-big-changes/amp/
-
A photographer employed as Chief of Strategy by a photographic equipment manufacturer?
Whatever next? Cameras with cabled releases? Lenses with DOF scales? Firmware with comprehensive auto ISO setups?
Crazy... we may be getting the cameras we have always wanted?
I must say that I like a lot of the things Hasselblad has been doing!
This move is great from a com standpoint also.
Cheers,
Bernard