Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: geesbert on March 24, 2017, 06:54:02 am
-
So now after a lot of trying, I put together a tethering outfit for the GFX, which seems to work for my workflow.
The GFX is tethered to the Imac running Lightroom with the Fuji tether plugin pro running mirrored on the Eizo and the Wacom companion. The Eizo is for the stylists, clients can look at the Imac and I am setting everything by touch on the Wacom. works like a charm, tethering is acceptable stable, even pulling the plug doesn't crash the system, previews show up in Lightroom after around 3 second (compared to the Sony A7r2 with around 13-15 Sec). I need to tidy up the cable mess, though....
I am happy for now, tuesday I am going to shoot my first job with this setup
-
The way you put your iMac looks alarmingly dangerous!
-
The way you put your iMac looks alarmingly dangerous!
Not at all! This is the Tethertools Aero Platform on a massive steel stand with an aditional weight for stability. Like with most of the Tethertool's stuff, they are painfully expensive when you buy them, but really well designed and stable and really worth their price. This concoction never came close to tipping over. Great piece of gear!
-
So I shot my first job on the GFX, everything went smoothly, the files are great and undergo currently PP. After a couple of hours the tether software started to keep on crashing, but after a system restart everything was fine.
I really wish one could use the camera directly when tethering with life view, but the Wacom helps a lot.
I am happy.
For my next job I will use the Actus with the GFX.
-
.