Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on March 22, 2017, 02:16:29 pm

Title: Moss and Water
Post by: RSL on March 22, 2017, 02:16:29 pm
This kind of thing becomes possible when there's a high, thin overcast: a great softbox in the sky.
Title: Re: Moss and Water
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 22, 2017, 03:01:26 pm
Nice one.

It doesn't look a bit like Colorado!  ;)
Title: Re: Moss and Water
Post by: drmike on March 22, 2017, 05:20:49 pm
It's interesting to look at, especially for me as it's not something I have seen and so I can enjoy exploring the image. I know you're not a great one for cropping Russ but maybe a little off the left edge?

I'm not good with complicated shots and composition but this one seems to work for me pretty well.

Mike
Title: Re: Moss and Water
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 22, 2017, 06:23:30 pm
Nope. No crop.

It has a nicely balanced composition, with a nice sense of depth with the soft light coming through the darker foreground.
Title: Re: Moss and Water
Post by: drmike on March 22, 2017, 06:25:30 pm
I felt the one piece of real colour wasn't in quite the right place and a slight crop might make it sit a little more comfortably. But it's not my image so I'm not qualified to judge.
Title: Re: Moss and Water
Post by: RSL on March 22, 2017, 07:50:48 pm
You're certainly qualified to judge, Mike. I don't agree. That doesn't make you not qualified to judge.