Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on March 11, 2017, 02:05:19 am

Title: Old Movie House
Post by: BobDavid on March 11, 2017, 02:05:19 am
Boulder, Colorado. Find the bird in the photo.
Title: Re: Old Movie House
Post by: petermfiore on March 11, 2017, 03:17:28 am
He place himself perfectly for you...

Peter
Title: Re: Old Movie House
Post by: graeme on March 11, 2017, 04:54:29 am
He place himself perfectly for you...

Peter

Yes he certainly did.
Title: Re: Old Movie House
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 11, 2017, 09:06:15 am
How much was the modelling fee?
Title: Re: Old Movie House
Post by: BobDavid on March 11, 2017, 11:14:13 am
How much was the modelling fee?

She's building a modeling portfolio. I gave her a few photos for her book.
Title: Re: Old Movie House
Post by: Rob C on March 11, 2017, 11:46:47 am
She's building a modeling portfolio. I gave her a few photos for her book.

That was a brilliant idea: saved you using an umbrella for the duration of the shoot!

Rob
Title: Re: Old Movie House
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 11, 2017, 01:58:14 pm
Lovely colors.

Nitpick: that brick wall on the left looks slightly overcompensated (the verticality of it, that is)
Title: Re: Old Movie House
Post by: BobDavid on March 11, 2017, 02:04:29 pm
Lovely colors.

Nitpick: that brick wall on the left looks slightly overcompensated (the verticality of it, that is)

I thought so too. Then I looked at other photos and saw the wall is constructed that way. I guess it's an architectural feature designed to separate the store fronts.
Title: Re: Old Movie House
Post by: RSL on March 11, 2017, 02:29:27 pm
Great shot, Bob. In 2006 I made two extended trips through southern Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico and West Texas shooting stuff like this. The old theaters in my collection I called "For the Wind Passeth Over it" all were closed down, though.

Incidentally, my wife and I spent the morning at a Leesburg art show. The God Cafe is back now in its original spot, but some of the interesting signs on the windows are gone.
Title: Re: Old Movie House
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 11, 2017, 08:44:20 pm
Beautiful building. Many fond memories of Boulder.
Title: Re: Old Movie House
Post by: BobDavid on March 11, 2017, 09:11:40 pm
Great shot, Bob. In 2006 I made two extended trips through southern Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico and West Texas shooting stuff like this. The old theaters in my collection I called "For the Wind Passeth Over it" all were closed down, though.

Incidentally, my wife and I spent the morning at a Leesburg art show. The God Cafe is back now in its original spot, but some of the interesting signs on the windows are gone.

Your print of "The God Cafe" hangs above the Epson. I think it helps prevent the heads from clogging. ... This was my first visit to Boulder. The town has a lot of character. I'd like to live north of Boulder for at least a few months out of the year. The summers in Sarasota are hazardous to my health.