Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BernardLanguillier on March 05, 2017, 08:54:15 pm

Title: The old hot spring
Post by: BernardLanguillier on March 05, 2017, 08:54:15 pm
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3695/33117212272_125c7a9c56_o.jpg)

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/603/33117211442_fa12d5eb68_o.jpg)

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3789/32889929010_b8bcf01f11_o.jpg)

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: The old hot spring
Post by: John R on March 05, 2017, 11:42:26 pm
Really like these Bernard, especially the first image. The images are so clear and crisp. And they give a sense of the culture.

JR
Title: Re: The old hot spring
Post by: pcgpcg on March 05, 2017, 11:59:54 pm
These are beautiful Bernard and really convey a feeling of welcoming and comfort for this place. I want to go there now. Where is this?
Title: Re: The old hot spring
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 06, 2017, 12:36:59 am
Great shots, Bernard.
That snow really looks aggressive!
Title: Re: The old hot spring
Post by: graeme on March 06, 2017, 05:24:31 am
A lovely set of shots Bernard. I feel like I know the place a little after looking at them.
Title: Re: The old hot spring
Post by: francois on March 06, 2017, 05:51:24 am
Great set with #1 being my favorite. I love how the snow blankets this village and those small old wooden buildings.
It looks like a quiet place.
Well done.
Title: Re: The old hot spring
Post by: RSL on March 06, 2017, 07:14:37 am
These are beautiful Bernard and really convey a feeling of welcoming and comfort for this place. I want to go there now. Where is this?

+1
Title: Re: The old hot spring
Post by: Bruce Cox on March 06, 2017, 09:36:52 am
Not only do they build to my favorite, #3, but going back to #1 is improved by finding #3 in it.

Or if I had looked more closely the first time...

They seem to suggest a tight loop where being there is going down a path and vice versa.

Bruce
Title: Re: The old hot spring
Post by: MattBurt on March 06, 2017, 09:41:38 am
I have trouble choosing a favorite but they are all lovely. They just pull me in, especially the first two.
Title: Re: The old hot spring
Post by: Patricia Sheley on March 06, 2017, 12:00:26 pm
Especially the first, and the solitude of cold velvet secrets on the hillside rising from the stream behind. Hardened things and hearth within~
Title: Re: The old hot spring
Post by: BernardLanguillier on March 06, 2017, 09:29:54 pm
Thank you all for your kind words!

The place is located in Akita prefecture and is called Nyutou onsen. It is certainly one my favorite hot spring among the many I had the chance to visit in Japan.

Cheers,
Bernard