Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Mjollnir on March 01, 2017, 12:17:13 pm

Title: Oakdale & Vineyard Dr., Foggy Saturday Morning
Post by: Mjollnir on March 01, 2017, 12:17:13 pm
One of the reasons that this Spring on the Central Coast will like be incredible is this:  foggy mornings and rainy afternoons and nights.

Not so sure I'm happy with the processing on this one.  It could use a little more 'umph', but my wife was looking over my shoulder and liked the lighter treatment.  I originally had it looking like something out of Mordor.

Still, I'm finally loving the switch to Nikon.

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/593/33062010131_50c9a03198_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/SnzrKr)Vineyard Drive-Oakdale Road, Early Morning (https://flic.kr/p/SnzrKr) by tanngrisnir3 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/87368247@N00/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Oakdale & Vineyard Dr., Foggy Saturday Morning
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 01, 2017, 01:29:51 pm
Lovely mood. I wish you hadn't left out the top of the tree.
Title: Re: Oakdale & Vineyard Dr., Foggy Saturday Morning
Post by: Gennaro_27 on March 01, 2017, 02:04:24 pm
Nice atmosphere ! I agree with Rajan and I find the presence of the pole in the left corner a little bit distracting.

Ciao
G.
Title: Re: Oakdale & Vineyard Dr., Foggy Saturday Morning
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 01, 2017, 02:09:00 pm
I think the processing is just fine, but I agree with the Rajan and Gennaro about the top of the tree and the post.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Oakdale & Vineyard Dr., Foggy Saturday Morning
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 01, 2017, 03:23:52 pm
I agree, too.
I would clone out the post, which looks like a street sign, and I would also clone out the two shorter fence posts near the longer one. They don't add to the image.
In all other respects, it's very fine indeed.
Title: Re: Oakdale & Vineyard Dr., Foggy Saturday Morning
Post by: Mjollnir on March 01, 2017, 03:38:05 pm
Unfortunately, there is no top of the tree to pull back in frame.  That's how it was shot (I was a bit rushed and pissed off because I was having trouble with some settings).

And, yes, that IS a street sign.
Title: Re: Oakdale & Vineyard Dr., Foggy Saturday Morning
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 01, 2017, 06:33:42 pm
And, yes, that IS a street sign.
My friend who used to shoot with an 11x14" view camera always had a chain saw in his car. If this were his photo, the street sign and the fence posts would have been cloned out before shooting.   ;)